“After iOS 11.2.5 update on my iPhone 6s Plus, I have lost years of messages with very important info. Though I can find some iMessages on my Mac, it seems that all my text messages are disappeared. I’m really upset about this and I want my text messages back. If you find any solution please let me know!!”
It is often seen that people lose important information like text messages, contacts or notes on iPhone after iOS update. This is a software problem because iOS data loss can happen to both old iPhone models (iPhone 5s/6/6s/7) and new generation iPhone models (iPhone 8/X). After the latest iOS 11.2.5 update, many people have experienced messages missing problem with their iPhone.
How to recover iOS 11.2.5 deleted text messages on iPhone X/8/7/6s/6? Follow this article to learn three methods to make it.
The traditional way that many people would like to choose is to restore from an iPhone backup. If you have made regular backup for your iPhone, you can easily get back iOS 11.2.5 deleted text messages by restoring your iPhone from iTunes or iCloud backup.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
2. When it appears in iTunes, select your iPhone and click Restore Backup.
3. Select the correct backup and click Restore.
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
2. After the erasing process completes, follow the onscreen steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
3. Tap Restore from iCloud Backup and sign in with your Apple ID.
4. Choose the correct iCloud backup and then follow the onscreen steps to restore your iPhone from iCloud backup. Stay connected to Wi-Fi during the process.
If you have crated backup for your iPhone but don’t want to restore your iPhone from some reason, you can try recovering text messages on iPhone using iOS Data Recovery software.
Never lose a file again! iOS Data Recovery make it extremely easy for you to salvage 30+ types of iOS data and files on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Download iOS Data Recovery Now Available for Windows & Mac
As a professional iPhone data recovery tool, iOS Data Recovery supports recovering text messages as well as other iOS contents from iTunes or iCloud backup without restoring your iPhone. With iOS Data Recovery, you are able to access your iTunes/iCloud backup, view the contents in the backup, and then extract your needed items from backup.
Now, download and install iOS Data Recovery on your computer and follow the steps below to recover iOS 11.2.5 deleted text messages from iTunes backup.
1. Plug in your iPhone and launch iOS Data Recovery. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup.
2. Choose the backup for your iPhone and choose Only Scan Backup or Compare.
3. Select Messages and click OK.
4. Preview and select the messages you want to recover and click To Device button to extract them from iTunes backup to your iPhone.
When you have no available backup to use or your disappeared messages aren’t included in the recent backup, don’t worry, iOS Data Recovery helps you recover iOS 11.2.5 deleted text messages from your iPhone directly. Here are steps to recover messages from iPhone without backup:
1. Download and install iOS Data Recovery and run the program.
2. Plug in your iPhone and Recover from iOS Device.
3. Select Messages and click OK.
4. Preview and select the messages you want to recover and click To Device button to save them to your iPhone.
iOS Data Recovery allows you to easily recover lost text messages on iPhone after iOS 11.2.5 update, no matter you have backup or not. With this tool, you are able to get back your lost iPhone data due to iOS update error, mistaken deletion, or other reasons. Download iOS Data Recovery and give it a try now >
Repair iOS problems & get back your lost data and files on your iPhone iPad and iPod touch in a safe wayLearn More >