There is no doubt that iOS 11 – the next major operating system for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch is worthwhile to install. But currently it is still under testing and lack of optimizations. Therefore, many users who have installed iOS 11 beta want to downgrade their device to iOS 10.3.2 or iOS 10.3.1.
It is not a complicated task to downgrade iPhone from iOS 11 to iOS 10.3: you just need to download the correct IPSW file for your iPhone model, put your iPhone into recovery mode and then restore or update your iPhone with iTunes. However, not everyone can make it without a hassle.
“I tried to downgrade from iOS 11 beta 2 to iOS 10.3.1 and my iPhone 7 got stuck in recovery mode. I tried to restore it but it just won’t restore with any iOS version. Sometimes the restore just fails, sometimes it tells “can’t find device”. Anyone can help?”
A user from Reddit
As a matter of fact, there are many others have the same problem when they try to downgrade from iOS 11 beta 2 to iOS 10.3.2 or iOS 10.3.1. In this post, we’ll show you how to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode after downgrading from iOS 11 beta.
To avoid the recovery loop during iOS 11 downgrade process, it is not suggested to directly downgrade from iOS 11 beta to iOS 10.3.2. Instead, you need to downgrade from iOS 11 beta to iOS 10.3.3 beta and then downgrade from iOS 10.3.3 beta to previous iOS version. Here are steps to make download iPhone from iOS 11 beta to iOS 10.3.3 beta:
1. Open up iTunes software and connect your iPhone to computer using USB cable.
2. Download the iOS 10.3.3 Beta Restore Image for your device from Apple Beta Software Program page.
3. Put your iPhone into recovery mode.
4. When asked to restore or update your device, press either Option key (Mac) or Shift key (PC) and click Restore.
5. Select the Restore Image you downloaded and then choose Restore to confirm.
6. Sign in with your Apple ID to activate your device when asked.
7. Restore you iPhone from an iTunes backup that you made before.
After successfully downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10.3.3 beta, you can download iOS 10.3.2 or earlier IPSW file for your iPhone model and then downgrade your iPhone to iOS 10.3.2 or earlier iOS version.
Repair iOS problems & get back your lost data and files on your iPhone iPad and iPod touch in a safe wayLearn More >